Nominations are called to fill two vacant positions on the Board of Regional Australia Bank Ltd, to be appointed at the 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) held on Thursday 29 November 2018.
The Board of Regional Australia Bank currently comprises of six directors, with that number remaining at six for the short term. Pursuant to the constitution the term of office for Director Alison Sheridan and Director Brian Goodall ends at the 2018 AGM. Therefore, there will be two vacant director positions available, with both Director Sheridan and Director Goodall, as current directors, offering themselves for re-election.
Nominations are invited from eligible members to stand as a candidate for the position of Director. Nomination forms may be obtained here or by contacting:
Mr David Munday - Company Secretary
Email: [email protected]
Ph: 02 6776 0417
In order to nominate, a candidate must:
- be a member of Regional Australia Bank Ltd;and
- be eligible for election under Division 13.2 of the Constitution (Eligibility to be a Director);and
- be nominated by two (2) members of Regional Australia Bank Ltd and consent to the nomination;and
- be at least 18 years of age;and
- complete a Personal Information Questionnaire and other relevant eligibility information;and
- provide all information that is requested to determine if the candidate is disqualified by law from acting as a director;and
- demonstrate how they meet the required skills, knowledge and competencies for eligibility; and appointment; and
- be able to attend a face to face interview.
You will be ineligible to be a director of Regional Australia Bank Ltd if you have been convicted of a disqualifying offence as set out in section 20 of the Banking Act 1959.
Each candidate will be interviewed and assessed by the Board Director Nominations Committee to determine the fitness and propriety and skills, knowledge and competency of the candidate to be and act as a director, by reference to Regional Australia Bank’s Fit and Proper Policy and Skills and Experience Matrix.
The Board are pursuing candidates with an ability to positively influence others, think strategically and identify and critically assess strategic opportunities, experience in the legal and compliance requirements of a public company and a bank, experience in business adaptation to new technologies and consumer behaviour in transforming business models in a digital environment, working in a regional context, as well as prior director experience.
Nominations must be received by the Returning Officer, Technology Park, Madgwick Drive, Armidale NSW 2350, prior to 12:00 noon on Friday 27 July 2018.
By the order of the Board